jxProject is a Java application that comes with an adverstisement supported free version and a commercial version. It is a simple project / gantt chart tool. This software requires the latest JRE from Sun Microsystems.
Main features include:
- Supported task link types: Finish to Start, Finish to Finish, Start to Finish, Start to Start,
- Resource User with positive/negative lag.
- Arbitrary constraints: Start After, Finish After, Start Before, Finish Before.
- Full Undo/Redo and Cut/Copy/Paste functionality.
- Full time resource leveling with user ability to enable/disable.
- A resource optimizer which automatically identifies gaps in resource schedules and moves tasks into those gaps.
- Tasks may be of fixed work, fixed duration, or fixed span. Task schedule driver is clearly indicated in the table.
- Familiar hierarchical parent/child task structure: summary task/task
No limit to the number of links per task.
- Resource Assignments: Any combination from none, one, multiple or partial resources.
Clear and traceable circular constraint violation messages allows user to locate dependency problems.
- Drag and Drop to move/copy tasks in the table/chart.
- Drag and Drop resources onto assigned tasks. [Multiple resources to multiple tasks in a single operation]
- Fully supports shift work scheduling such as first, second, third and/or swing shifts. Four day, ten hour days 4x10s.
- Resources inherit schedules from their parent calendars, overriding of parent schedules is fully supported.
- Each calendar has a timezone which is used consistently throughout all scheduling calculations.
- Supports scheduling of work time, time off, or paid time off.
- The user can define Full Time Equivalent (FTE) work hours for display/edit of actual work of resources.